As a school we value:
- Kindness – showing care and compassion towards others.
- Equality – seeing everybody as having equal worth.
- Respect – appreciating the differences, skills and talents of others.
- Co-operation – working together to achieve shared goals.
- Determination – aiming high and always trying your best.
Our values underpin everything we do at Barndale and have been agreed in consultation with staff, pupils, parents and other members of our school community. Our values are embedded within all aspects of school life and are promoted through assemblies, lessons, social times and other extra-curricular activities.
- Have access to a meaningful, creative and balanced curriculum which enables them to progress socially, emotionally, intellectually and physically.
Receive high quality teaching, learning and care within a happy, fun and stimulating environment.
Develop the skills to interact and communicate with others and to enjoy positive, meaningful relationships with a range of people.
- Become confident, active participants within their local community and beyond.
- Be prepared for an adult life in which they have the greatest possible degree of independence.